Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Shout Out to Eric Wikiman

Hey Eric,

I can't remember if you said you went to Rhodes or not, but if you did I could use some advice. I'm really looking forward to hanging out in Rhodes Town; I can't wait to check out the Knights of St. John stuff and the old quarter in general, but I'm still trying to figure where to go on the island after that. Any recomendations? I was hoping to get away from the east coast tourist scene and find something a bit quieter, but still cool.

Thanks in Advance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the shoutout, unfortunately we didn't make it over to Rhodes. But checking the google map it looks like there are alot of beaches all along the southern end with wind/kite surfing. Some comments I found say that Stegna Bay was not so touristy where you can take a boat to the inaccessable Red Beach. Obviously Lindos, Kamiros and even the Rhodes Aquarium are sites in your field of interest. A day trip to Simi Island was also reccomended. On Simi, the Panormitis monastery sounds interesting, also while in Rhodes, ask about the dates for the many festivals in Simi, heck, spend a night or two..... Wiki

Rob Woodard said...

Thanks for the info. It's weird. Rhodes is one of the most visited Greek Islands, but i can't find anyone whose been there.